PBS Analytics™ is an easy to use job accounting and reporting solution that provides PBS Works
administrators with advanced analytics to support data-driven planning and decision making. Easily extensible to meet your unique requirements, data from multiple PBS Professional
® servers can be consolidated, providing a global view of your HPC usage for chargeback, capacity planning, troubleshooting and project management.
Why PBS Analytics?
- Plan more intelligently by forecasting usage based on real historical data
- Ensure accurate chargeback to projects, business units, and regions
- Reduce spend by sharing expensive licenses and raising utilization
- Meet project deadlines by minimizing IT bottlenecks
- Save on electricity by identifying patterns of non-use
- Decide on procurements/purchases after visualizing resource demand and supply
- Get more work done by identifying and exploiting valleys in license usage
Companies and institutions of all sizes use high performance computing to develop innovative new products and create entirely new markets. As a result, application workloads have become much larger and more complex than ever before. Comprehensive and robust analysis and visualization features are needed to help ensure limited computing resources are being used effectively and efficiently. As a core part of a PBS Works solution, PBS Analytics turns oceans of data into insight, knowledge and intelligence.
New in 13.0 (see Features page for details):
- Reduced installation and configuration time
- Improved stability and scalability
- Chart and dashboard sharing
- Visualization of parsing and caching progress
- Manual configuration eliminated
- Improved ease of maintenance
- Improved logging
- Simplified installation process
- Revamped custom resource hook
- Improved parsing and caching times
- JDK updates (Java 8)
- Improved documentation and videos
- And much more — see Features page for details
PBS Analytics Capabilities
- Flexible chart designer: Provides more flexibility in creating clean, concise charts, including additional chart options (such as XYZ plots), to furnish a deeper understanding of the organization’s HPC infrastructure and better root-cause analysis. Additional Chart Calculation and FAQ documents included.
- Powerful presentation capabilities: Create slideshows to display key metrics to support staff (in the operations center) or as a showpiece (in the main lobby). Combine charts, dashboards, and even your own custom content into a continuous, looping display of up-to-date status of your HPC environment.
- Fast, snappy and robust performance: Analyze big data quickly and easily leveraging a new, high-performance database and more robust data collectors.
- New utilization charts: Analyze the utilization adjusted for configuration of the system, accounting for addition
or deletion of nodes over time. Improves IT efficiency and justifies IT investments by illuminating actual usage and by uncovering usage hot spots.
- Fully customizable: Supports PBS Professional custom resources (software licenses, scratch space, etc.), and even define custom metrics to meet unique requirements.